John Grinnan joined Clark, Love & Hutson in October of 2012 as a law clerk. Upon passing the Texas Bar Exam, John became an attorney at the firm in November of 2013. In his practice, John advocates on behalf of plaintiffs all over the country, with an emphasis in pharmaceutical and medical device litigation.
John grew up in Dallas and attended Jesuit College Preparatory School. John then moved to Austin, where he attended the University of Texas at Austin and earned a B.A. in Government in 2010.
After graduation from the University of Texas, John moved to Houston to attend law school at South Texas College of Law. In law school, John became a member of the law school’s nationally ranked moot court program under Dean T. Gerald Treece. As a varsity advocate, John displayed versatility, competing as a speaker and brief writer. In the classroom, John was the recipient of two awards for scoring the highest grade in two courses, including the law school's Advanced Products Liability course. In addition, John was listed on the Dean's Honor List for four consecutive semesters. John graduated from law school cum laude in May of 2013 in the top fifteen percent of his law school class, was admitted into the Order of Lytae, and was awarded with an Academic Merit Scholarship.
Prior to joining Clark, Love & Hutson, John clerked at Abraham Watkins, a Houston based plaintiff personal injury firm.
John is licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Medical Device Litigation
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas - May, 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Member, Nationally Ranked Moot court program Under Dean T. Gerald Treece
- Honors: Recipient of Two Awards for Scoring the Highest Grade in Two Courses
- Honors: Dean's Honor List for Four Consecutive Semesters
- Honors: Top Fifteen percent of His Law School Class
- Honors: Academic Merit Scholarship
- Honors: Order of Lytae
- University of Texas, Austin
- B.A. - 2010
- Major: Government