Hooten , Grace
Grace Hooten joined Clark, Love & Hutson in May of 2013 as a law clerk. Upon passing the Texas Bar Exam, Grace became an attorney at the firm in November of 2014. She currently serves on the firm's multidistrict litigation trial dockets with an emphasis in medical device litigation.
Grace received her Bachelor's degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas. In May 2014, Grace earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law. While in law school, Grace was an active advocate of South Texas' nationally ranked mock trial and moot court program under Dean T. Gerald Treece. She competed in multiple mock trial and moot court tournaments each semester and was named South Texas Trial Academy's Best Advocate and First Place Team for two consecutive years. She also served as the Vice Chair of the Board of Advocates and was admitted into The Order of Barristers.
Prior to joining Clark, Love & Hutson, Grace clerked for the Honorable Roy L. Moore of the 245th Family Court in Harris County and Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Aziz, a Houston based personal injury firm.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Device Litigation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2014
- Honors: The Order of Barristers
- Honors: Dean’s Honor List
- Honors: South Texas Trial Academy, Best Advocate, First Place Team
- Honors: Vice Chair of the Board of Advocates
- Honors: Member, Nationally Ranked Moot Court and Mock Trial program under Dean T. Gerald Treece
- Honors: Advocacy Scholarship
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
- Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: English
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Roy L. Moore of the 245th Family Court in Harris County, Clerk
- Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Aziz, Law Clerk