Hornsby, Lezzlie E.
Lezzlie Hornsby joined Clark, Love & Hutson in 2013. Lezzlie's practice is focused on representing plaintiffs all over the country in products liability cases, with an emphasis on pharmaceutical and personal injury litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Lezzlie represented plaintiffs in consumer protection claims against the manufacturer of atypical antipsychotic drugs and managed multidistrict litigation pharmaceutical and medical device dockets in the federal court system.
Lezzlie graduated from University of Houston-Clear Lake with a Bachelor of Science in American Jurisprudence. While attending South Texas College of Law, she worked with a Houston firm specializing in medical malpractice, personal injury and class action drug litigation.
During law school, as a member of the Board of Advocates, Lezzlie was involved in numerous Mock Trial and Moot Court Tournaments, and was a South Texas College of Law Advocacy Scholarship recipient.
Areas of Practice
- Products liability
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Personal injury litigation
- Texas, 2005
- New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2010
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: South Texas College of Law Advocacy Scholarship recipient
- University of Houston-Clear Lake
- B.S. - 1999
- Co-Authored Chapter 8 for American Medical Association Publication, “The Medical-Legal Aspects of Returning to Work Decision Making” including additional topics on Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Co-Authored “Settlement Offers, Demands and Credits” for 15th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference - "No Holding Back....HB4"
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association