Arevalo, Marcela J..
Marcela graduated from The University of Houston with a Bachelor of Science in Philosophy in 2017. She earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2020. During law school, Marcela was selected for inclusion in the invitation-only Order of Scribes and Order of Barristers. She was a Dean's Merit Scholarship recipient for all three years of law school. She also won the Dean's Outstanding Advocate Award, the Judge Sharon S. McNally Intramural Moot Court Tournament Outstanding Advocate Award, and many other moot court competition awards on a local, regional, and national level.
Marcela is a member of the State Bar of Texas. She also speaks three languages - English, Spanish, and French.
- Texas, 2020
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctorate - 2020
- Honors: Order of Scribes
- Honors: Order of Barristers
- Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Honors: Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award
- Honors: South Texas College of Law Oil and Gas Society
- University of Houston
- Bachelor of Science in Philosophy - 2017
Honors and Awards
- American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Regional Champion, 2020
- Hispanic National Bar Association Moot Court Competition, Competitor, 2020
- National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition Champion and Best Petitioner Brief, Pepperdine School of Law, 2019
- National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition Finalist, Regent University School of Law, 2019
- National Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition Quarterfinalist, 2019
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Advocate, American Bar Association Mediation Competition, 2019
- Judge Sharon S. McNally Intramural Moot Court Tournament Outstanding Advocate, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas